Eating breakfast not only gets your metabolism going, but is also a way to start off your day with a healthy mindset. If you eat a bowl of Coco Puffs, you'll be less likely to make healthy choices later on in the day. If you chose to have a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with freshly sliced strawberries or bananas, you're much more likely to choose healthy lunch and dinner options.
Fill your breakfast with protein or carbohydrates or both!
Great breakfast choices:
- Bowl of healthy cereal with skim milk (skim milk has the same amount of vitamins as 2%, but less fat. As you get older and if you drink milk with greater frequency, skim is definitely the way to go!)
- some cereals that I love:
- Raisin Nut Bran
- Toasted Oatmeal Squares
- Rice Krispies
- Honey Bunches of Oats
- Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon- very filling and delicious
- Scrambled egg whites with cheese on an English muffin--gives you your protein and carbs
- Veggie egg white omelet
- I like to make mine with freshly chopped onions, cheese, tomatoes, and green peppers
- Scrambled cheese eggs and onions in a whole grain wrap
Questions, comments, feel free to ask them by posting below!