In order to maintain a healthy weight and a toned physique, one must develop a healthy lifestyle. Diet plays a huge role in staying fit. Although, exercise is equally important. Not just to stay looking good, but exercise allows for your metabolism to work properly and keeps your heart healthy!
When you are grocery shopping, aim to purchase at least 85-90% fresh foods. By this I mean load up on fruits, veggies, meats, poultry, eggs, yogurts, and fresh cheeses. Stay away from foods with a long "shelf life" as much as possible. (i.g. cookies, oreos, chips, fruit snacks, nilla wafers, crackers, chocolate, treats, ritz bitz cheese, etc.)
These are great quick snack foods that can substitute "pantry life snacks":
- Apple with natural peanut butter
- Buying Smucker's all natural peanut butter vs. Skippy or Jif makes such a difference and it's the same price!
- Sliced green pepper with hummus
- hummus is made from chick peas and is really good for you
- Chips and Salsa or Chips and Guacamole
- An even healthier substitution would be to dip green peppers or vegetables in the salsa or guacamole
- A smoothie made with all fruit and ice if you prefer a more icy and diluted taste
Stay tuned for some great recipes that are easy and cheap to make, but taste great and are nutritious!
Questions, comments, feel free to ask them by posting below!