Even at a lower intensity, one hour of running/jogging can burn between 450-600 calories. It's different depending on weight- there are calculators for that online.
Benefits of running/jogging:
- great for the cardiovascular system
- maintains an overall toned body
- builds stamina and endurance
- great exercise for weight loss
- burns tons of calories
- reduces stress
Things to keep in mind before/while going for a jog or a run:
- wear good supportive shoes when running on concrete
- running along the beach in sand is great too and that can be done barefoot if you prefer
- keep hydrated!
- if you feel your mouth beginning to dry up, stop and take a few sips of water
- music always helps pump me up
- make a playlist and pick a fun, scenic neighborhood to jog through-it's more enjoyable
When you're working out at the gym, try and incorporate running or jogging around the track for 20-30 minutes as a warm up. Don't forget to stretch!
If you are doing an at home workout, try going for a run a few times a week around your neighborhood to switch it up from the track.
One more thing for the ladies-
Don't be afraid to sweat! It's great for your skin, so wash off the makeup and break a sweat when running or working out!